- Using a four square grid in the playground, draw a different 4-beat rhythm in each square.
- Divide the class into two teams and make two lines, having students line up one behind the other about ten feet away from the rhythm squares.
- Clap one of the four rhythms. The first person from each team finds the rhythm and steps on that rhythm square first in order to get a point.
- Both players go to the end of their respective lines and the next two people face off.
- After each student has a turn, the game is finished and the team with the most points win!
- It is so fun and can be done with any grade level!